Who sold? Here’s what we know: Vacation Rental Management Acquisitions in 2022
There has recently been a whirlwind of acquisition activity in the vacation rental industry as national brands seek to rapidly expand their portfolios. While the industry has seen a steady increase in the number of vacation rental management companies sold over the past three years, what makes the 2022 acquisitions unique is who sells because many of the companies below were founded by some of the most well-known thought leaders in the industry, including VRMA board chairs, regional association board members , former CVB and destination chamber presidents, popular podcasters and speakers.
Here’s what we know.
(Updated June 10, 10:55 a.m. ET)
2022 Vacation rental management acquisitions
Raised $786 million in 3 rounds (December 2021, February 2022, March 2022)
- Alpine Lodging: Telluride, Colorado
- Home Key West: Key West, Florida
- Beachfront Vacation Rentals: Charleston, South Carolina
- Florida Charms: Destin, Florida
- Native Travel: Palm Springs/San Diego/Big Bear, CA
- Starfish Luxury Vacation Rentals: Manzanita, Oregon
August 2021: “VTrips expects to deploy over $250 million in the near term to acquire attractive vacation rental management companies.”
- Carolina Retreats: Topsail, North Carolina
- Miss Kitty’s Fishing Getaways: Rockport, Texas
- Ryson Vacation Rentals: Galveston, TX
- Silver Sands Vacation Rentals in Port Aransas, Texas
- Vacation Rentals in the South: North Gulf Coast
- Custom Deep Creek Vacation Rentals: Deep Creek Lake, Maryland
- Tybee Vacation Rentals: Tybee Island, Georgia
According to a Vacasa spokesperson, “What I can share regarding 2022 transactions is that Vacasa added seven new wallets during the first quarter. . . We cannot announce the names of companies that do not have not yet been officially released.
Still, here’s what we know from other sources. . .
- Seachange Vacation Rentals: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Sunset Vacation Rentals: Manzanita, Oregon
- TeemingVR: several destinations in Florida
- Destination Leavenworth: Leavenworth, Washington
- Mt Hood Vacation Rentals: Mt Hood, Oregon
- Reference Management, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- Vacation Rentals in New England, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Current Tides Vacation Rentals
- Three Palms Vacation Rentals: Orange Beach, Alabama
Management company extinct
Did we miss a company? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.